Drug Rehab | Christian Rehab | Detoxification | Intervention | Programs | Recources






Frequently Asked Question

How do I detect whether a person is chemically dependent? If the individual has a compulsion to use drugs or alcohol regularly regardless of negative consequences they are addicted. For more on how to identify if a loved one has a drug or alcohol problem visit Addiction Questions. If you youself think you may have a drug or alcohol problem but aren't sure visit is rehab right for me?

How do I know which program is right for me? And which drug treatment programs have the highest success rate and why? Go and read about the different types of programs on the the drug rehab programs page.

What if I cannot afford drug and alcohol treatment or detox?
You can find state funded treatment and detox centers nationwide by looking up programs that are based on a "sliding fee scale" and "payment assistance" at the SAMHSA treatment locator website. Or if you are interested in a list of low and no cost Christian programs you can go to Christian Rehab.

How can I help a family member who needs treatment help but refuses?
Always, the most successful chance of recovery comes when he or she (the addict) finally recognizes the devastating effects of their drug abuse problem and wants help. Basically, when the pain and troubles reach a point where they outweigh any perceived advantages of using drugs. There are ways of bringing a person to that point of wanting drug rehab help. It’s called intervention and it is the most successful approach at helping someone who refuses rehabilitation.

Can you make somebody go into drug rehab?
If the individual is an adult over 18 he or she cannot be forced into a drug or alcohol rehab unless they are court ordered, which is generally in lieu of jail time due to nonviolent drug related charges. Yet, some states like Florida for example, have laws where if it can be proven that an individual is mentally ill and is a threat to themselves or others they can be required to receive treatment under the Baker Act law. However, the Marchman Act is the substance abuse form of the Bake Act. The Marchman Act stipulates that if an individual has a substance abuse problem and deemed a threat to them self then they can be court ordered to complete a drug addiction treatment program or an alcohol rehab. To find out about mental health and drug addiction laws in your state contact your State Substance Abuse Agency.

Do I need drug detoxification?
Opiate addiction (heroin, Oxycontin, morphine, hydrocodone) are not usually life threatening but the painful syndrome of a "cold turkey" withdrawal is very powerful and can lasts for weeks. This method of withdrawal is very unsuccessful. Withdrawal symptoms of heavy alcohol abuse, and addictions to barbiturates (phenobarbital), minor tranquilizers like Valium, Xanax, Clonipin, and Adivan, are life threatening, and would require medically assisted drug detoxification followed by drug addiction treatment.

Methamphetamine (speed, crystal meth, crank, ice), cocaine, crack, LSD, PCP, ecstasy and marijuana do not require medical detoxification because the physical withdrawals are mild. However, drugs such as methamphetamine, crack, and cocaine are very addictive and require comprehensive drug treatment.

Do I need more than just an alcohol or drug detox?
Individuals that only do drug detoxification without substance abuse treatment statistically perform about the same as those who never got any drug rehabilitation. Because the majority of reinforcing factor associated with drug addiction and alcoholism are physical, mental, emotional and spiritual and need to be treated in all those area in order to stay recover.

  Addicts Name:
  Select a type of Treatment Program:
  Person would NOT want:
  Help is for:
  Urgency Level: